Group Veolia offers the services of the water, energy and waste management, which are one of the main urban and environmental challenges faced by municipalities.
In Russia Veolia business is energy management and potentially water management.More than half the world's population currently lives in cities. Urban areas, which are constantly growing, now consume 60% of the world's fresh water and 75% energy and are responsible for 80% of greenhouse gas emissions. These environmental problems are an integral part of the urbanization.
Building environmental settlements and smart, sustainable cities has become a key priority. The new city increases the population density and become complex with surprising speed.
Veolia considers it very important to contribute to reduction of the ecological footprint of cities, to increase their attractiveness, security and quality of life, all without any adverse impact on the efficiency of public services.
Through its energy supplies and energy service provision, Veolia strongly participates in the creation of good conditions for life and well-being of millions of people. In cooperation with municipalities, it offers solutions that are comfortable for citizens and environmentally friendly, and enable customers to control their energy costs.
District heating networks: sustainable solutions
Our heat and cooling networks help to meet customers’ everyday needs and combine many benefits: Constant overview of energy outgoings, reduced air pollution, etc. Veolia can respond to the customers’ most demanding requirements in countries with cold climate, including the Czech Republic.
Cultural, sport, and leisure facilities
Heating, venting, air conditioning… Veolia’s task is to provide top quality services emphasising comfort, safety, and efficiency to extensive complexes intended for the general public such as cultural, sport, and leisure centres and university buildings.
Veolia - a reliable partner for municipalities
Pleasant and inviting public buildings and efficient local services – such are the improvements that we bring to state administration and local government authorities, thereby contributing to the positive development of relations with the local citizens. We try to be a long-standing and reliable partner for local government authorities, one that offers innovative and economical solutions ranging from the supply of heat, electricity, and other energy commodities to adjusting energy installations to comply with the legislation in force to full management of energy installations, including the generation and supply of energies.
Veolia supplies with heat 17,684 Russian households
In Russia, like everywhere else in the world, Veolia would apply its proven operating model, which most municipalities in the Czech Republic have adopted. Veolia intends to become a reliable, long-term partner in water services to Russian cities.
Veolia offers to partner cities:
- Technical know-how - a new technologies, water losses reduction, focus on ecology
- Effective management - operating costs reduction
- Improved customer service - call center certification according to ISO 9001, specially trained staff
- Professional human resource management - the importance of social dialogue within the company
- Institute of Environmental Services and network Campuses - own training institute and long-term training programs
- Veolia Foundation - promoting and organizing educational events and meetings of water management experts, support the education of children and youth projects aimed at protecting the environment and promoting social projects
Advantages of the operating model:
- The municipality retains control over water and sewerage prices.
- Lease of infrastructure to a professional company allows the municipality to pass to the operating company the responsibility for co-financing large capital projects, e.g. using prepaid rent, investments to be carried out under agreements or guarantees for bank loans.
- Use of synergic effects (centralised procurement, co-ordinated technical activities, common call centres etc.) shows in a better work quality and lower operating costs, which leads to the long-term stability of water prices.
Veolia works in communities every day, collecting household waste and recycling, cleaning streets, tending parks and doing everything we can to make our environment a better place to live, work and relax.
Calling upon years of experience and expertise, our team can provide you with specialist, cost effective and creative recycling and waste management services.
Demands in the waste management area are growing frequently. In the period when natural resources are being exhausted, usage of secondary raw materials and lean treatment of all resources takes on an exclusive value. Lean treatment means using only the necessary quantity of naturally resources and using widely the secondary raw materials.The recovery of materials helps conserve primary natural resources by turning waste into replacement products. By developing recovery solutions that provide its customers with quality secondary raw materials, Veolia has become the benchmark producer of renewable resources.